Thursday, November 20, 2008

Youtube it......

Google it....this is a old saying...the new phrase is Youtube it......it sound strange huh...but face it, here are some stats from wikipedia:

"Few statistics are publicly available regarding the number of videos on YouTube. However, in July 2006, the company revealed that more than 100 million videos were being watched every day, and 2.5 billion videos were watched in June 2006. 50,000 videos were being added per day

It is estimated that in 2007, YouTube consumed as much bandwidth as the entire Internet in 2000, and that over 13 hours of video are uploaded every minute. In March 2008, its bandwidth costs were estimated at approximately $1 million a day"

Do I need to tell more...just like what google helps in finding about stuff, I just use youtube to see how to do it. Gone are the days when people used to read, its time to listen and see. Its not that people became lazy, its just that technology is making life simpler for us and making us lazy.

The other day I remember, I was googling for how to change my vista login wallpaper and inadvertantly searched it in youtube, since that tab was open and to my amazement, there was a good tutorial on how to do that.God that was so nice! And yes I am like using google from the time I wake up to the time I sleep. Google owns internet now, the only major point it needs to acquire is facebook and I am pretty sure they're gonna bid for that soon.

Like in Harry potter's Muggle world, we are living in a Google world!

2 comments:

Rammi said...

"Its not that people became lazy, its just that technology is making life simpler for us"

Well said :)

Venkat Satish said...

I m glad that some one is reading my blog and posting comments!!