Friday, December 25, 2009

Project defense

As usual, long time since my last blog.....it time to add in some new updates. First of all I would like to talk about my master's project defense. Before the final presentation, I gave a demo presentation to my advisor Dr. Sid Green. He wanted me to speak a little louder and gave an example of Abraham Lincoln's presidential acceptance speech. During those days Lincoln didn't have a microphone and had to speak in his own voice to address the whole crowd. That is why Lincoln is considered to be a Legend.

This also reminds me of a completely un-related scene of Tom Hanks's speech in the movie Forrest Gump. I absolutely loved that movie, the whole theme of it - "just doing best in whatever you are doing" is simply mind blowing. I want to watch that movie again. This also reminds me of a quote from the evergreen classic, Shawshank Redemption - "hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies". Man we can learn so much just from the quotes in that movie. Hats off to Stephen king for writing the novel, Frank de bont for directing it and Morgan Freeman, Tim Robbins for acting in it. A real classic.

No comments: